No one was willing to cast me for younger roles, says Dalljiet Kaur

Actress Dalljeit Kaur, who made a comeback on the small screen after a year with the supernatural thriller "Qayamat Ki Raat", says content makers on Indian television were not willing to cast her for younger roles in shows as she is a mother of one


General News: Actress Dalljeit Kaur, who made a comeback on the small screen after a year with the supernatural thriller "Qayamat Ki Raat", says content makers on Indian television were not willing to cast her for younger roles in shows as she is a mother of one and 35 years old.

Asked if age, marital status and motherhood is looked down upon in the small screen, Dalljiet, 35, told IANS: "I faced all of this for a year. I was looking young. They (makers) would approach me for a mother's role, but they would say 'You are looking young'.

"Then why are you not casting me for something else? Because I am a mother? So, the conflict of this thought level really used to depress me."
Dalljeit says people were apprehensive about casting her.

"I am a good actor. Give me a romantic scene and see how I do it. There was nobody willing to do that. I was auditioned for so many roles, but they were all fixed at 'You don't look like a mother and you don't look young' in their heads as they knew I go back to a son."

The actress thanked TV czarina Ekta Kapoor for looking beyond all of that and giving her a role in Star Plus' "Qayamat Ki Raat" In the show, she plays Karuna, who is possessed.

Earlier, Dalljiet has featured in shows like "Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?", "Kulvaddhu" and "Swaragini - Jodein Rishton Ke Sur".


Article Source >> BS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invest in smallcase with sebi registered professionals

Teji Mandi Your Ultimate Share Market App for Informed Investing

Unleashing the Potential of Stocks: Crafting a Successful Stock Portfolio